Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions carefully. These booking terms and conditions set out the basis on which we arrange your accommodation and other services acting as an Agent. ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means SuperHost Tenerife SL. We act as an Agent in booking your accommodation. Your contract will be with your accommodation provider (referred to as Owner from now on). As we act as Agents when taking your booking, we accept no legal responsibility for any contract you enter into. In these booking conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all people named on the booking (including anyone who is added or replaced at a later date).
Please note that these booking terms and conditions do not include cancellation protection rights, and you will not be protected from your liability for up to 100% of your holiday costs in the event of cancellation. In making a booking, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Making a booking. All offers and bookings are subject to availability. We reserve the right to alter prices on our websites and prices may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of your booking. A binding contract comes into existence between you and the Owner once we have received your prepayment and we have issued an invoice and booking acceptance by email or post on behalf of the Owner. You must check your invoice and booking confirmation as well as all other documents we send you as soon as you receive them. If any information appears to be inaccurate, you must let us know immediately. We regret we cannot accept any liability to make changes if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within seven days of sending it. We, on behalf of the Owner, have the right to refuse any booking before we send you your written confirmation. If we do this, we will tell you in writing and promptly refund any money that you have paid to us. In this case, neither we nor the Owner will have any legal responsibility to you.
2. Duration of your stay. Check-in is from 3pm or 4pm, dependant on the property and subject to unavoidable delays. The check-out time is 11am. You must depart by 11am, unless a late check-out has been pre-arranged with us. Failure to depart by 11am will result in an additional charge of €15 for each hour overstayed. This will cover the cost of our cleaners’ time if they are waiting outside the property and unable to enter to do their job. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and are expected to remove any rubbish and recycling from the property. You are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay and you must report any broken items or damage to us immediately.
3. Pricing. We, on behalf of the Owner, may increase or reduce the prices of unsold products and services or correct mistakes in pricing at any time before we confirm your booking. We will confirm the price of your booking when you make it. As changes and mistakes can happen, you must check all details at the time of booking.
Tax. Prices include tax (IGIC) at the rates applicable at the time of publishing and are subject to change if the rates or application of the tax changes. In the event of a change in the rate of IGIC during the course of the year, your holiday will, on behalf of the Owner, be invoiced at the new amount of IGIC unless you have already taken your holiday or paid the balance in full prior to the date of the change.
Cleaning fees. Cleaning fees for each property are charged in addition to the rate per night.
4. Website accuracy. We aim to make sure that the information provided by Owners is presented accurately on our website and other promotional literature or material we produce and provide. There may be small differences between the actual property and its description. This is usually because the Owners are always aiming to improve services and facilities. Occasionally, problems mean that some facilities or services are not available or may be restricted. If this happens, we will tell you as soon as reasonably practical after we become aware of the situation. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local services or attractions mentioned on our website, by our advisers or advertised elsewhere. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that information we give you about your accommodation and its facilities is accurate. As we act only as Agents for the Owner, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about the accommodation or its facilities and/or services, except in the case of negligence by us.
5. Payment & cancellation policy.
You will be charged a prepayment of 100% of the total price of the reservation upon reservation.
Full refund minus 2.5% payment processing fee and €30 admin fee if you cancel up to 7 days before arrival
No refund if you cancel less than 7 days prior to arrival.
If you don’t show up, you will be charged the total price of the reservation.
We strongly advise taking out comprehensive travel insurance to cover possible cancellation costs and your stay. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
6. Reservation amends. Subject to availability, changes to the travel dates of a pre-paid booking can be requested by emailing us to
email@example.com. Reservation changes and invoice re-issues (including for example accidental loss of the original invoice) are subject to a €30 admin fee and any rate difference.
7. Cancellations or changes by the Owner. The Owners do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, sometimes there are exceptions and bookings have to be changed or cancelled. The Owner has the right to do this. If they do, we, on their behalf, will contact you. We will explain what has happened and let you know about the cancellation or change. As the Agent and on behalf of the Owner, we regret we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change. As the Agent we will try and find you suitable alternative accommodation or else refund the money you have paid, our liability for cancellations will be limited to monies paid to our Agency by you in relation to the booking in question.
8. Smoking. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the property. Guests can smoke on the terrace, balcony or in the garden with the doors and windows to the property closed. If there is no private outside space on the property, guests must leave the property to smoke. Any damage to the outside furniture by way of cigarette burns or stains will be charged to the guest. Guests are responsible for correctly and safety disposing of their cigarettes. Failure to comply with this rule will result in deductions from the damage deposit.
9. Noise. Guests are required to observe quiet hours from 10pm to 8am in order to not disturb neighbours.
10. Vacation Rental Decree (113/2015). We require all guests to submit their personal information by law to comply with the Vacation Rental Decree (113/2015). We will send guests an email prior to arrival whereby they will be asked to submit their details to the local police by a secure online application.
11. Force Majeure. There may be circumstances beyond our control and contemplation, in which the property might not be available for the reservation. Examples of these include but are not limited to, destruction of property, sale of property, water, gas or sewer leaks, fire or any other damage to the property making it inhabitable or potentially inhabitable. In the event of Force Majeure, we will do our best to make alternative arrangements for the guest whenever possible. If we are unable to do so or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to the guest, then we will refund all monies paid. If the guest accepts the alternative accommodation, they agree to relocate back to the original property when it is deemed available by us. This will be the full extent of our liability to the guest, and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation.
12. Compensation. In the unlikely event of there being dissatisfaction with your stay, compensation may be offered in the form of a discounted stay at a future date at any of the properties we manage.
13. Our legal responsibility to you. As we act only as an Agent, for the Owner we cannot accept any liability for any act or omission on their part or of anyone representing or employed by them. We cannot accept any liability for any problems or faults with or in any property as all properties are controlled by the Owners. If you have any complaints about any services we provide (as opposed to any provided by the Owner), you must let us know immediately in writing and in any event within seven days of the end of any arrangements booked through us.
We regret we cannot accept any legal responsibility if you do not let us know. We will not pay more than the commission we have earned for the booking, plus any connected expenses you cannot recover from elsewhere if we are found to be at fault in relation to any service we provide (as opposed to any service provided by the Owner, for whom we are not responsible). We do not exclude or limit what we will be legally responsible for if death or personal injury is caused as a result of our negligence or that of our employees, or for any criminal act we may commit. Neither we nor the Owner can be held responsible for noise or disturbance which comes from beyond the boundaries of the accommodation or which is beyond the Owner’s control. We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers or swimming pool filtration systems, nor for the failure of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity.
14. Personal travel insurance. You are strongly recommended to take out Travel Insurance for your holiday.
15. Disabilities and medical requirements. We will do everything we can to accommodate guests with a disability. This may not always be possible due to the set-up of the property. To ensure the accommodation and location booked is suitable for visitors with a disability, it is essential that all booking requests from parties including people with special needs, give us full and clear details of those needs at the time of booking. We also require confirmation as to whether or not the disabled visitor will be accompanied on their holiday by an individual able to attend to all their requirements. If the Owner reasonably feels unable to properly meet that person’s particular needs, we must reserve the right on their behalf to refuse or cancel the reservation.
16. Special requests. If you have any special requests, you must let us know when you make a booking and confirm them in writing by email. Although we will try to pass any reasonable requests on to the Owner, we cannot guarantee that any request will be met. Confirmation that we have noted a special request or passed it to the Owner, or of the fact it is shown on your written confirmation or any other document, is not confirmation that the request will be met.
17. Complaints or concerns. If you want to complain, we, together with the Owner, will want to take action to sort your complaint as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact the emergency contact number you have been provided immediately if any problem arises so that it can be sorted out as quickly as possible. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to sort out difficulties properly unless we are told promptly. As we act only as an Agent for the Owner, we cannot accept any legal responsibility for your accommodation or personal property.
18. Number in your group. The total number in your group must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us. You must let us know the total number in your group upon booking. If the total number in your group changes at any time you must inform us. You must ask prior permission if you want to invite anyone not included in your group to visit the property and this might include an additional cost. Babies under 2 are counted as members of your group. The Owner may terminate the contract if the number of guests exceeds the capacity of the accommodation.
19. Linen, towels and keys. We provide high-quality, 100% cotton bed linen and towels free of charge for each guest.
Any damaged items will be charged from the damage deposit. We provide a bottom sheet for travel cots for babies but you must bring your own duvets, blankets or sleeping bags for your baby.
If you lose a set of keys there will be a flat rate of €100 to replace them. If you leave the key on the inside of the property door and close the door there will be a flat rate of €120 to cover the cost of an emergency locksmith.
20. Activities and facilities.
(a) Your accommodation Owner reserves the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond their control. Barbecues and beach equipment may be supplied at your property. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that the barbecue is used correctly, safely and cleaned after use. Neither the letting Agent nor the Owners will accept liability for accidents caused to guests in this regard. Beach equipment is used at the guests’ own risk and must be checked by the guest to ensure there are no faults before use.
(b) Broadband internet access is offered in some properties. Where our Owners do offer broadband, this is on the basis that neither they nor We promise that the service will be available constantly and that it is provided for recreational and not for business use. Neither a minimum speed, unrestricted bandwidth nor uninterrupted provision of an internet access service can be guaranteed and neither the Owner nor We will be liable for any form of compensation or expenses claimed by any guest in respect of the provision of internet services or telephone services not being available or failing.
21. Unreasonable behaviour. We as Agent for the Owner, or the Owners themselves, have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause offence to other guests, residents or to members of staff. In such cases all hire charges paid will be refunded in full as quickly as reasonably practicable, the contract will be terminated and neither We nor the Owner will have any further liability. We/the Owners reserve the right to terminate a stay after the keys have been handed over if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests, residents or members of staff. In these circumstances, no refund will be given.
22. Damage to accommodation. You are liable to the Owner for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire. The accommodation Owner has the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
23. Fire Safety. Guest obligation during the rental period, you shall:
(a) not cause or permit any dangerous or inflammable substance to be stored or collect in or on the Property apart from those needed for general domestic use;
(b) not light or permit any naked flame or candle at the Property except for the use to light the BBQ for the purpose of preparing food where these are present;
(c) not smoke inside the Property. We have a no-smoking rule at all properties. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at your expense.
24. Damage deposits. You will be asked for a mandatory damage deposit in order to cover any unfortunate breakage or damage that could occur during your stay. The online damage deposit payment system we use (CheKin) allows us to collect anything up to this amount up to 7 days after departure in case it is necessary.
25. Your pet. Pets are only allowed at our pet-friendly properties upon request. Upon confirmation, we will request a pet fee, which varies for each property. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet does not lie on the soft furnishing, bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere and must be walked on a lead and in the charge of an adult. Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from the Owner. In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept any dogs named under the Spanish Royal Decree no. 50/99, otherwise known as the Dangerous Dog Act, as amended from time to time, even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation.
26. Assistance dogs. Registered assistance dogs are accepted free of charge at all pet-friendly locations, subject to the availability of suitable accommodation.
27. Your vehicles. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. Neither the Owner nor We as Agent are responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever.
28. Governing law. Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by Spanish law and you must agree that any dispute will be dealt with by the High Court of the Canary Islands.
29. Data Protection Policy. We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Copyright © The SuperHost Tenerife SL.
all those previously published.
Prices and booking conditions may change. Please see our website for the latest details.
Registered office Centro Comercial Radazul Bajo, Planta 2, Local 9, Calle el Cano, 27 38109 Radazul, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
SuperHost Tenerife SL.